Saturday, January 30, 2010

Eggbert the Slightly Cracked Egg

I simply love Eggbert and guarantee you will fall in love also. This book is a must read and must own for your home library. Eggbert has EVERY message I want my children to understand in life. Eggbert is a slightly cracked egg. He is told by all the other food in the refrigerator that he must leave because he does not fit in. Through magnificent illustrations and beautiful words Eggbert begins a journey to paint himself and change in order to "fit in" somewhere. This book is so special to me because in a simple format he realizes it is OK not to fit in and just be himself. There are so many popular children's books where the main character, gives part of themselves away to be accepted. This book is a journey of self discovery. This is my must read when I do guest talks in classrooms. The message is subtle, but extraordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment